Monday, November 25, 2013
Tips for Smart Holiday Shopping
1. Compare prices. Whether you use comparison shopping apps, websites, or good ol' fashion newspaper ads, there are numerous ways to ensure that you're getting the best deal possible. Make note of the lowest prices you find and bring proof along with you to the store when you go shopping. A lot of stores will match the lowest price that you find, just so they can keep your business within their store. So do a little research beforehand and you'll save big on products your family will love.
2. Pay no mind to "suggested retail" prices. Anything looks like a deal when they pick a random number and say that they are selling it for less than what it's supposed to be sold for. Just stick to your research and you'll do fine.
3. Keep your receipts! This goes hand in hand with the price matching in tip 1. Most stores will make a price adjustment if an item you already bought goes on sale within a certain period of time, or you find a coupon in a competing stores paper.
4. Set a limit and STICK TO IT. It can be so hard to stick to a budget when discounts and sale signs are everywhere you look. However, it's important to stick to your limit. You don't want to have to stretch your paycheck after the holiday season and cross your fingers that your bills will be paid. So calculate how much you can spend and still live comfortably after the holidays are over.
5. Make a list. By doing a little research beforehand and making a list of exactly what you want to buy and for who, you'll be able to quickly grab what you need and get out. This will also help you stay within your budget! Impulse gifts add up quickly, so make a list and enjoy the satisfaction you'll feel when you cross something off.
With these tips for smart holiday shopping in mind, you should be able to enjoy getting gifts for your loved ones and not stress about how much money you're spending.
While we love providing you with tips to shop smart this holiday season, our real expertise lies with cars. If you have any questions about auto loans, the Ford early bird lease offer, or anything else car related, don't hesitate to contact us! We would be more than happy to provide you with the information you need.
We're located at 1510 E. Pierson Road, Flushing, MI 48433. Feel free to give us a call at (810) 659-5688 with any questions you may have. Family-owned and operated, Delehanty Ford has been serving the Greater Genesee County area for over 65 years with customer satisfaction as our top priority. Our sales and service departments are dedicated to providing the best experience for every customer.