FLUSHING, Mich. - With Halloween right around the corner, pumpkins are taking center stage as millions across the country visit their local pumpkin patch and prepare to carve what they buy. Since we know you'll be getting into the spooky spirit by carving pumpkins, we've come up with 5 pumpkin carving ideas to help get you inspired!
1. Starting off easy, this is a great idea for those that would like to skip the carving altogether, but still have a cute pumpkin for decorating. Using paint, you can create a design that will be the envy of all trick-or-treaters! We love this black pumpkin with white lettering, but why not get creative and really let the paint fly? Not to mention, your pumpkin will last twice as long since you won't be hollowing out the inside.
2. Another 'cute' pumpkin idea is using a drill to create holes in whatever design you choose!
3. A pumpkin carving idea that is a little more advanced is the mummy! Cutting your pumpkin into slices, you'll need to stack them back together haphazardly to give the 'mummy' illusion. With this idea, you'll probably need a little bit of glue to hold your pieces together.
4. For a pumpkin carving idea that is a little more 'gross' than 'cute', this puking pumpkin is perfect! After carving the face, you'll need to pull some of the pumpkin's innards out through the 'mouth'. It's that easy!
5. For the pumpkin carvers looking for a challenge, try this pumpkin within a pumpkin! While the trickiest part of this will be getting the perfect size pumpkins, the rest is pretty simple. After it's all done, you'll have a creative pumpkin that neighbors, friends, and family will want to copy for next year!
These 5 pumpkin carving ideas should get you inspired to carve this Halloween. We recommend dipping your finished pumpkin in a bleach/water mixture to keep your creation fresh for as long as possible.
If you need a new ride to the pumpkin path, we're here to help! We've got a great selection of new, used, and certified pre-owned cars - so stop by and see us! We're located at 1510 E. Pierson Road, Flushing, MI 48433. Feel free to give us a call at (810) 659-5688 with any questions you may have. Family-owned and operated, Delehanty Ford has been serving the Greater Genesee County area for over 65 years with customer satisfaction as our top priority. Our sales and service departments are dedicated to providing the best experience for every customer.