5 Ways to Save on Back To School Shopping
1. Take Inventory - Before you head to the store to stock up on new school supplies, take a look at what you already have so that you don't have to buy everything brand new. The same goes for your child's wardrobe; figure out what fits and what doesn't before you go on a shopping spree.
2. Do Your Research - While you don't need to go over the top like they do on shows such as Extreme Couponing, take a look at your local paper to find the best sales or check out any coupon sites or blogs to save on specific items. Shopping at a store that price matches can also help you make sure you're getting the lowest possible price. And if you find a deal that you just can't beat, there is nothing wrong with getting a few extra supplies to save for next year!
3. Stick With Classics - A lot of back to school advertising focuses on the latest and greatest school supplies like lunch boxes and backpacks. However, these items can add up so it's best to stick with the basics in these departments to avoid ending up with an "un-cool" backpack in 2 months.
4. Shop Later - It may not be the most popular choice, but waiting to go back to school shopping until after your child has gone back to school can actually save you money. Not only are you more likely to find sale items, but your child has had a chance to check out the latest trends and what their friends are wearing so they are more likely to pick out items that they will actually wear.
5. Student Discounts - If you have an older child headed back to high school or college, don't forget about student discounts at certain stores. You can save big bucks with student discounts at stores like Banana Republic, J.Crew, and Apple! Even if you're unsure, it doesn't hurt to ask.
A few simple changes can help you save on back to school shopping for your little one. But if your family needs a new ride for the local car pool, we can help you save on that too! Discover how your family can save on a new Ford at Delehanty Ford. We're located at 1510 E. Pierson Road, Flushing, MI 48433. Feel free to give us a call at (810) 659-5688 with any questions you may have. Family-owned and operated, Delehanty Ford has been serving the Greater Genesee County area for over 65 years with customer satisfaction as our top priority. Our sales and service departments are dedicated to providing the best experience for every customer.
Visit our website: www.delehantyford.com
Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google +